Skip to main content

Put The Color in My Eyes

 Put The Color in My Eyes

By Ava Grace 


The same God Who makes the planets spin
Tells the tide when it should rise
Put the color in my eyes

The same God Who makes the seasons change
Knows the number of the stars
Every secret in my heart

How true are these words? Yes, the same God Who makes the entire universe work knows what color my eyes are. 

How absolutely, crazily wonderful is that? It is also a little overwhelming. 

The same God Who makes the leaves turn bright yellow and deep red in the fall, the same God Who makes the world come back to life in the spring, knows every thought of my heart and every word out of my mouth. 

To be honest, it is also really scary. 

What Hannah Kerr does in her song, Same God, is point out that knows who we are- and He cares about us. Deeply. 

She goes on to say this:

You're a God of grace and empathy
You know how it feels to cry
'Cause you lived a human life

You're not afraid of anything
Even darkness is a light
There's not reason I should hide

All my doubts, all my questions
In every fear I have about what might happen
You're the same God

He knows what it is like to live a life here on earth. He is there to comfort us when we are afraid, even though we have no reason to be afraid because He is at the middle of every single problem we have here on this planet. 

We should not be afraid, because He is not afraid. 

So rise up, fellow Christain, and proclaim loudly of your faith. You are chosen, gifted, loved. Make sure that everyone who comes across your path knows it. And make sure they know how that they have a God Who loves them. 

A God Who is not afraid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Never Lets Go

He Never Lets Go By Ava Grace  Oh no, You never let go Through the calm and through the storm  Oh no, You never let go Every high and every low  Oh no, You never let go Lord You never let go of me And I can see the light that is coming For the heart that holds on A glorious light beyond all compare And there will be an end to all these troubles  But until that day comes  We'll live to know You're here on the earth Cause I will fear no evil For my God is with me  These glorious words come to us from the song You Never Let Go by AJ Michalka and James Denton.  Why should we fear? What do we have to fear? Why are we afraid? We should never be afraid, because we know that God is with us. He is for us. He will never leave us. He will never forsake us.  This is just one of the great things of belonging to a God as awesome as ours is. He bought us with the blood of His Son, and all we have to do is believe and have faith that He is our Redeemer.  Yes, we will always struggle with fear,

We Can Face Today- And Tomorrow

  We Can Face Today- And Tomorrow By Ava Grace  We have a hope that millions of people do not have. Why? Why can't everyone experience this fantastic, everlasting peace? The answer is simple: they do not know Christ, and we do.  Today's song is Because He Lives (Amen) by Matt Maher, and the chorus goes as such: Amen, Amen I'm alive, I'm alive Because He lives Amen, Amen Let my song join the one that never ends Because He lives I can face tomorrow Because  He lives Every fear is gone I know He holds my life, my future In His hands Let's unpack these words that simply explain why we don't have to fear today- and why we can face tomorrow, shall we?  First off, we are alive  because He lives. If He were dead, if He did not exist, we would not be on this planet. But why are  we on this planet? The New City Catechism puts it like this: We are to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. By being faithful in Him that He will help us through our day, we are glorifying Him. By

Why Being UNcool Is the New Cool

  Why Being UNcool Is the New Cool By Ava Grace  To quote Leanna Crawford's song 'Uncool' will be the start of this post. She sings: If its uncool to say that I love Jesus If its uncool to sing about my freedom Then I'm cool being uncool If its uncool to tell the world Who saved me I don't care if they call me crazy  'Cause I'm cool being uncool In this song, Leanna explains the importance of going against the crowd; not blending in with all the popular kids. Because in reality, being cool and popular has no eternal reward. But having Jesus - and sharing our faith - does.  When we deny our true faith-driven selves and start blending in with the crowd, we are going to feel hollow and empty. Because being the most popular kid at school is not going to get us anywhere. Sure, we might be looked up to, but for the wrong reasons.  As Christians, we want to be looked up for a different sort of popularity, though these days, being a Christian is not all that popular