Skip to main content

He Knows More

He Knows More

By Ava Grace 


I thought I did what's right
I thought I had the answers
I thought I chose the surest road
But that road brought me here

So I put a fight
And told You how to help me
Now just when I have given up
The truth is coming clear

This first verse comes from the song Better Than I by Dallyn Vail Bayles, and is it ever so true. We think we know what is right. We think we know it all. We can choose- after all, we have the power to choose. 

But that doesn't always mean we should be the ones choosing. 

We tell God how He can help us. We instruct Him on how to get us back. There are conditions, and He is required to fill very single one. 

But this is the worst possible way to go about our faith. It isn't even real faith. 

You know better than I 
You know the Way
I let go the need to know why
For You know better than I

Because He truly does know better than us. He knows he plan. He has His reasons, and sometimes those reasons might seem like the most tragic thing that could happen to us. We get confused by the phrase 'works everything for our good'. 

For our eternal good, may I make clear. 

Things in this life will go sideways. There will be hard times, tough times, and broken times. There will be times that we question our faith. We wonder if there really is a God Who knows us and loves us. 

Because if there is, He doesn't seem to care about me at all. 

But we must remind ourselves that this is just the Devil trying to sneak in and catch us into his net of lies. 

Bad things happen so God's majestic glory can shine through, even if everything around us seems to be falling apart. He has a purpose. He has a plan. And He cares. 

He cares about all of us. 

If this has been a test
I cannot see the reason
But maybe knowing I don't know
Is part of getting through

I tried to do what's best
And faith has made it easy
To see the best thing I can do 
Is put my trust in You

We might fight the plan. We might wonder why this had to happen to me. We are confused as to what eternal glory this thing could ever bring. 

But then we realize that the best thing that we can do is just trust and pray and believe that His will is good. Always.

I've let go the need to know why
I'll take the answers You supply
You know better than I

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Never Lets Go

He Never Lets Go By Ava Grace  Oh no, You never let go Through the calm and through the storm  Oh no, You never let go Every high and every low  Oh no, You never let go Lord You never let go of me And I can see the light that is coming For the heart that holds on A glorious light beyond all compare And there will be an end to all these troubles  But until that day comes  We'll live to know You're here on the earth Cause I will fear no evil For my God is with me  These glorious words come to us from the song You Never Let Go by AJ Michalka and James Denton.  Why should we fear? What do we have to fear? Why are we afraid? We should never be afraid, because we know that God is with us. He is for us. He will never leave us. He will never forsake us.  This is just one of the great things of belonging to a God as awesome as ours is. He bought us with the blood of His Son, and all we have to do is believe and have faith that He is our Redeemer.  Yes, we will always struggle with fear,

We Can Face Today- And Tomorrow

  We Can Face Today- And Tomorrow By Ava Grace  We have a hope that millions of people do not have. Why? Why can't everyone experience this fantastic, everlasting peace? The answer is simple: they do not know Christ, and we do.  Today's song is Because He Lives (Amen) by Matt Maher, and the chorus goes as such: Amen, Amen I'm alive, I'm alive Because He lives Amen, Amen Let my song join the one that never ends Because He lives I can face tomorrow Because  He lives Every fear is gone I know He holds my life, my future In His hands Let's unpack these words that simply explain why we don't have to fear today- and why we can face tomorrow, shall we?  First off, we are alive  because He lives. If He were dead, if He did not exist, we would not be on this planet. But why are  we on this planet? The New City Catechism puts it like this: We are to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. By being faithful in Him that He will help us through our day, we are glorifying Him. By

Why Being UNcool Is the New Cool

  Why Being UNcool Is the New Cool By Ava Grace  To quote Leanna Crawford's song 'Uncool' will be the start of this post. She sings: If its uncool to say that I love Jesus If its uncool to sing about my freedom Then I'm cool being uncool If its uncool to tell the world Who saved me I don't care if they call me crazy  'Cause I'm cool being uncool In this song, Leanna explains the importance of going against the crowd; not blending in with all the popular kids. Because in reality, being cool and popular has no eternal reward. But having Jesus - and sharing our faith - does.  When we deny our true faith-driven selves and start blending in with the crowd, we are going to feel hollow and empty. Because being the most popular kid at school is not going to get us anywhere. Sure, we might be looked up to, but for the wrong reasons.  As Christians, we want to be looked up for a different sort of popularity, though these days, being a Christian is not all that popular